miércoles, 21 de octubre de 2009

1359-60, Geoffrey Chaucer


And He was conducted like Saint Chrême,
by the same Holy Hands,
and was abandoned to his faith…

Sunny days no longer on his face,
captured and hold between
sixteen kilograms of pure metal bars.

Cold nights…

Frozen fingers…

not even a word came out of me,
as I became the walls.

Every word, every hanging letter
All muted by my thick sixteen
inches of stone.

All my body inlayed
with his ten nails.
All my body etched
with his poetry hands.

I wanted him to taste me,
bite off my layered body,
so he could escape
and with him,
all the verses spread
over me and the floor.

And with him all the reminiscences
Of a war prisoner,
sixteen days dreamed liberty,
sixteen days making love
to a residue of dust,
sixteen days staring at my back
wondering the ways of my math.

Sixteen pounds had he lost,
And a year well passed,
Sixteen pounds all paid-off
Sixteen pounds and back to his path.

And I remained, wall
where had he marked off his art,
he had planted seeds on my back
and now his all gone.

His words…
his hands…
his nails…
His sixteen pounds
and the mess on the ground.
-Juan Carlos Pérez


***


esto es pa una asignacion de la clase de poesia, esta medio mierda, pero pues... 


de la época que Chaucer fue capturado en francia en la ciudad de Calais y donde luego condujo


un tratado de paz que duraria 9 años entre Inglaterra y Francia 


La alusion al santo del principio es que dicen q en esta ciudad se encuentra ese santo y que fue conducido ahi por el espiritu santo... bla bla bla...





1 comentario: